As for changing the student CIs, that's a work in progress. Slow work, for results in the long term. My KET has been great for that. Not so much the what, but the how...
Monday, 17 September 2012
A time for change, how to change?
My question is what is the question(s) I have to ask myself. What's the problem and how do I rectify it? I do have some gnawing problems that do need addressing (see the previous entry). I'm rather bad at self-reflection, but I'm trying to change this. Action research is the start, and in doing so, I need to collect data on myself. Or should I say, on my teaching. But, it can be very much one in the same, teaching can be a very personal thing. Video being very good, I think is the long way of doing it. I tend to think that keeping a diary on my teaching, would be a start. I already know in class whether or not a task has worked or not, but for me, it's the instruction giving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, and in reference Xie, and dialogic discourse, I asked a student, 'why they had fun over the weekend?' the answer was rather short, all of two words, 'birthday party' and a finger pointing towards one of her classmates. Small steps...
ReplyDeleteAnd a bit more Specificity would be useful for you, to, J. I trust you HAVE video and transcript you'll be using. It's more difficult and demanding, both scientifically and psychologically, but also much more accurate and fruitful, then journalling Alone.
ReplyDeleteI've just shot a video today. I'm trying the CI's mentioned in Xie, and lots of MICs. Transcript to follow, but in the meanwhile I'll post the videos.
Delete